Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So, tonight a movie that I ghostwrote a couple years back is having its cast, crew and family premiere screening here in Los Angeles. This will be the second time in a row that a movie I “wrote” screens and I wasn’t invited. The “writer”/director ignored my emails to him congratulating him on completion.
The funny thing is that I have back-end participation in this film so I think he’s probably contractually obligated to keep me apprised. I am in the process of letting shit go, but I am potentially owed a nice chunk of change so I have a vested interest. I should probably dig up that contract and see exactly what it is that I signed, especially in the other matters of non-disclosure: it was “fantastic” reading an interview with the “writer”/director about how he wrote the script and “his” process.
But it’s another great bit for my fringe screenwriting book when I have the proper mood to get back to that one. I was considering sneaking into “my” own premiere; I have done that once (twice, sort of) before so there is precedence…

Today will be the last day I am working on “Giving In” this year. After whatever output I output today, I will print the damn thing out, shove it in a folder and then not look at until after the Epiphany, whenever that is…
Since I got such an overwhelming response to the little excerpt yesterday, I will cut & paste another paragraph down below:

He had a thought and grabbed some brown sugar and dropped a slightly hardened chunk into the center of the pan. This time instead of stirring it in, Bronson just watched as the brown sugar bubbled and dissipated, sending a small, brown cloud – it reminded him of the Los Angeles smog of years past – into the rest of the cooking collard greens.

Watched “The Night of the Demons” re-make a couple nights ago. Outside of the fact that it mostly took place at night, there were demons and the whole “lipstick in the boob” gag it didn’t really remind me too much of the original. It took an extra scene to be able to recognize Edward Furlong, who was the “big” star of the cast; Mr. Furlong, wildly miscast in this, could be well cast as Peter Lorre, at least in looks and that is not a compliment. Lay off the burgers and beer, boy.
And who knows, December blogs may include video pieces I am working on. Maybe…

1 comment:

  1. I would dig out the contract. Narcissists like those probably can convince themselves it was their own effort if no one calls them on it. If you aren't getting credit (which leads to more work) you should at least be paid to make up for it. But you know the business infinitely more than I do.
    You will get full, prominent credit in my project! ;)

    ReplyDelete