Monday, November 8, 2010

“I need a fix and a kiss”
Well, at least I have a winter’s worth of the latter. My MLB package is still on and they have pretty much every single game for the last five or six seasons available to watch on archive. My first choice was kind of a doozy: a game picked more or less at random within the guidelines of it being a Yankee game I would not have seen since I would have been out at that thing in the desert on September 1, 2006.
Right off the bat the fact that the game was started for the Yankees by a dead man is pretty off-putting; Cory Lidle was introduced by Bob Shepherd with Bernie Williams not too far from Joe Torre in the bench. It was a rainy night in the Bronx at the Old Yankee Stadium and the opponent was the Twins so the Yanks win was actually a foregone conclusion in many ways.
Lidle tossed six shut-out innings and the pen protected an 8-0 lead into the 9th when a guy named TJ Beam who I swear I don’t recall in the least, gave up one run. There was also a Guiel (Aaron) wearing Andy Pettitte’s number and playing first base…

I am giving in to “Giving In” and knocked nearly 15,000 off the marble block in the first full week of Nanowrimo. I’ve been pretty much doubling up my efforts with my regular morning writing session followed by an evening one while my brain is in a different place altogether than when I first get going.
As soon as I can afford to replace the hot/cold water dispenser in my writing studio I’ll be able to stay in here for longer spells of time without any interruption. I’ve gotten into a few good rhythms out here, but none so strong that I have had to use Thurman’s studio litter box … yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment