Monday, November 29, 2010

As it’s Cyber Monday, I should make something available for you to buy here, but I don’t – just yet. Perhaps there will be time to still purchase “A Rose by Any Other Name” on Kindle or Amazon books in time for Christmas 2010. Failing that, and more appropriately, it WILL be available by Valentines’ Day 2011 – mark my words!

As for other literary projects, I hit the 50,000 word mark on the new book, “Giving In” yesterday morning. I used the Nanowrimo.org as the deadline cattle-prod (as Dave Eggers called it in this morning’s pep talk) to help squeeze this book out.
I was asked, again, what it was about this morning. Instead of my normal reply: “It’s about 170 pages,” I said this instead: “It’s about “A Pair of Brown Eyes” as written and sung by Shane MacGowan. But I also jotted this down last week: It’s about a girl who can write the future and the man who tries to stop her.
I’m going to open the document now and cut and paste a random(ish) selection from the book below. You will have read about as much of it as me as this point:

They ate and drank and he even pulled out a couple of Abita Turbo Dogs to add some local beer to wash the Scotch back with. They talked a lot and only some of it brought fuzziness to Bronson’s eyes, but no tears to his face which was good. The beer was gone; the Scotch in real danger of extinction when she asked if she could spend the night. She hadn’t thought it all out: she had rented a car at the airport and driven there, she had had too much to drink, and-

That’s all you get, for now.

December will be spent on projects that will require less time in isolation, less time sequestered in the writing studio; if you see me with a video camera in front of my face that will be a good thing…

No comments:

Post a Comment