Friday, November 19, 2010

So, I’m thinking of maybe having a screenplay going out of business sale. Buy two, get one free kind of thing. No unreasonable offer fused or even refused. Perhaps I can even make them cheaper by the dozen. But when the professionals just lie and screw me over and the personal contacts don’t even read the materials they’ve requested from me, I must be the only one ignoring the words spray-painted on my wall in dripping red, seven and a half foot tall letters.
Point made. Check and check-mate.

I’ll just give in to scribbling, although at this point almost one-hundred and twenty pages into “Giving In” I am really not sure if it will be anything even resembling an English-language book. Not sure if anyone other than a therapist should spend any time with it.

You missed my first professional spoken-word performance, I think ever, Wednesday night at El Cid as part of Jamye Waxman’s Sexy Tales night. I really couldn’t gauge how I did, but I have been asked back so I guess I didn’t totally tank. Thanks for showing up to Paynie & Cupcake.

And I have seen a rough-cut beginning of the animated music video artist Jeanne Hospod is creating for my friend’s Austin-based band, The Boxing Lesson. Looks like I’m going to be featured fairly prominently in this pretty fantastic and more than a little erotic art piece. ‘Nuff said…

Hiding the baseball lead down here on you, but in my less than humble and informed opinion, they didn’t name the award for Cy Young for being a .500 pitcher with a lot of strike-outs and for his ERA. They named the award for the man with the most WINS BY FAR of any hurler who has thrown in the long and storied history of Major League Baseball. Young’s 511 victories are nearly a hundred more than his closest competitor. So, yeah, I am biased toward CC Sabathia, but I believe my point, regardless.
I will be far more upset if the very deserving Robinson Cano gets screwed when the AL MVP gets announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment