Saturday, January 29, 2011

While really wishing not to sound completely bitter and distrustful toward most people in the film business, recent and past experience has taught me not to touch the hot pot with my lip first. And while I don't see fit to agree with my friend in Boise who googles women long before even considering going on a date with them, I do now see the necessity of googleing those in the "biz."

So, my excitement this morning was quickly tempereed. I had sent my kid's script "Field Trip" to a "new" production company. Just this morning I received an email telling me they really liked it (after only "skimming" it; why tell me that?) and they wanted to shop it. Now before I even get to the issue in regards to where the option offer ($$) was in any part of that email. What was included this time was the president of the company's name.

But when I googled Kathy S______ did I get her IMDB page or any other proveable track record or professional credits? Nope. The only real thing that came up was this: Kathy S________ is a fraud. Now, for everyone who has ever hung up a shingle in Tinseltown saying they're a producer, someone else has called them a fraud. But if the fraud has money for an option, then perhaps I will play ball but with eyes open. I'll call them on Monday and ask for a few grand for a year's option. I'll keep you posted, but if you expect me to report good news on Monday, I have a bridge in a desert with your name on it.

******

Did you remember that Tom Waits was in "The Outsiders" as Buck Merrill, although very briefly. I had also forgotten the gawdawful Stevie Wonder opening track, "Stay Gold." The rest of the world forgot one of the actors on the opening card. It's Lowe, Swayze, Estevez, Cruise, Howell, Macchio, Dylan and some other guy who plays Tim Shepherd (a lead) who is completely and utterly forgotten. Even his own mother can't recall his name even though he tells everyone in non-celebrity rehab that he starred with those other actors.

*****

Prodded, I opened a Twitter account yesterday and tweeted (although I was at first calling it Twittering which is just as non-sensical) my first few tweets. Now, for those of you who come to this page these days happy that it's not all about the Yankees, then GeorgesGhost will be of no interest. I am tweeting as the angry ghost of the late George M. Steinbrenner III, the former owner of the New York Yankees, but in his (my?) mind there is nothing wrong with being The Boss -- even from beyond the grave.

Will that mean I will have less baseball on here when the season starts? Not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment