Monday, January 10, 2011

Hopefully you have dropped at&pee cellphone service. Now I'm gonna tell you why you shouldn't get their screw-verse system or any other system from at&pee. They are actually lying cheats (who also think we're stupid or have no other choice) designed to separate you from your money.
Now, the internet and voip phone that I had from at&pee for the last 2 years worked; I have no actual complaint about the service per se. But when I called to see if there was any way to lower my costs with them, all I got was lies and run-around. I was paying screw-verse $70 a month for the aforementioned services, but I saw on their website that they had new offers that could bring those costs down.
So, I called and got transferred and apologized to and transferred again before getting "assistance." I thought I made myself pretty clear: if I couldn't lower my screw-verse costs, I would be dropping all of my at&pee services.
So, after a long delay, "searching for better options for me" I was informed that I could lower my voip a little bit if I switched to a limited minute plan instead of the unlimited. Then she looked into my usage and told me that it may not actually SAVE me money as it looked like I regularily surpassed that usage amount.
I told her I had NO CHOICE but to use my land line that much because my cellphone -- that was also from at&pee -- didn't work at my home or at my office. And although I believe I speak clearly - if not too quickly - she pretended that she didn't hear me.
She apparently didn't hear me when I informed her that my cost-cutting switch would actually cost me money. I switched gears and asked then about lowering my dsl cost. I was informed that if I cut the speed that I was getting in half it would save me a whopping FIVE BUCKS each and every month. WOW! Color me impressed, at&pee screw-verse.
The icing on the cake was the postcard that I received a couple days later from at&pee screw-verse. They were happy that I was enjoying my "service" but they had to inform me that in less than 2 months the costs of the screw-verse system across the board would be going up exactly FIVE BUCKS each and every month. Last straw, last nail - call it what you want - but that was it. At&pee and screw-verse are dead to me. Sending back their router at the ups store I talked a stranger (tall, pretty, age-appropriate redhead, but I was too busy ranting to take any real notice) out of at&pee.
My work here is not done-- I told the at&pee reps that I would get my pound of flesh and more-- but if you tell me you dropped them, I will have gifts. I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment