Monday, October 10, 2011

Well, now that the baseball season is officially over (Yes, I know the playoffs are going and Yes, I have watched quite a bit of even though the online package is essentially done-with (Yes, I do have the Tigers/Rangers game on the online radio. And if I had my way it would be an all Mid-West World Series, and No, I don't mean the Cards and LaRussa. Rooting for Tigers vs. Brewers in the Fall Classic and for Tony Freakin' Plush and the new Brew Crew to hoist the trophy if someone has to...) and you're probably wondering how I spend my time during the off-season.

I have a cave by a lake all picked out and it seems as if the sun is playing along. Could be that it's a gloomy-ish day, but Thurman was just requesting dinner more than an hour before dinnertime. I tried to explain how the digital clock on the stove works to him with less than stellar results.

Skipped out on the second rain-delay in game 1 of the ALCS; went to a party and spent a great portion of the evening in a hidden away hot-tub with a lovely, free-spirited young woman. Who won the game? Texas? Oh... Okay.

Meanwhile I was dog-sitting for some friends and despite a real fear of the seizures one of the pups was having we had only one real scare, but he was only "playing dead." No, I didn't kick him...

Tonight I'm going to try out the best local brewery's new release Surly Wet along with some food pairings, some cooked with the brewery's beer.

And I got to take a spin in a dear friend's brand-spanking new-fangled ulta-high-tech wheelchair; it's one of the kinds that can go up hills, lift up, stop on a dime et al. Goes about 6mph on the straightaway (perfect for TTITD) and can spin you around in a circle. I tried to break it, but only wound up stuck in a cut-out in the pavement and spinning my wheels in the leaves on the ground...

Okay, I'm going back to the baseball game...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment