Friday, October 21, 2011

Well, if you're coming here -- and why would you -- for World Series news all I can say is: why would you? I know at some point I will watch some of it (why would I?) and have something to say. So far the most interesting tidbit to come my way is the fact that 400 year old Arthur Rhodes, who has one of those records for appearances without one of them coming in the Fall Classic (until this year), is double-dipping his chip. As part of the Texas Rangers until his release in August, the old reliever gets a ring no matter what -- win or lose -- as the Rangers have voted him a share in Texas as well as his due for coming out of the Card bullpen.


So, I took my favorite 10 year old to the movies yesterday and while I will say that "Dolphin Tale" is pretty good family fare it was rated PG and I wish someone had guided me a little; without getting into too much detail let's just say that neither she or I expected the movie to take us to a VA Hospital while her folks were at the VA Hospital. It's bad enough that my life imitates my art; I didn't expect that to be contagious, but there you are...

I have "committed" myself to another Nanowrimo; did I say that last time? All I have at present is a title: "Warm Button Issues." Perhaps it's SciFi, but I don't really think so. And yeah, I keep writing books that I don't do much with and barely let people read, but it just dawned on me that I probably wrote ten scripts to learn, then hone my craft without any real driving need to have anyone read them. Some stuff is to stock the drawer, right?

And I am near about to ask a new friend who actually seems to enjoy such endeavors to be the MC for Batting for Punto; of course no one including my co-conspirator in the writers salon knows of my plan. I guess you do now too, but you are awful quiet. Sometimes I doubt you have hands or mouth...

Okay, I'm going to run along a lake before it freezes...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment