Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At some point during Game 5 it actually hit me: this is a rather pivotal game between Texas and St. Louis and it's late and it's so close that a blunder or a break here or there could make all the difference in who hoists the trophy and who waits 'til next year. And seeing that the blunders committed seemingly most egregiously by Misters LaRussa and Pujols were all the breaks the Rangers needed.

Now up 3-2 in games and heading back to St. Louis requiring but one more win for Texas' first world championship it's pretty much all do or die from this point forward. And I am hoping I get a chance to see a chunk of those games but I have my brother coming to visit from Brooklyn and he doesn't take the world seriously...

 Seems like the cool old punk guys and the recovering addicts (perhaps all one in the same) tend to work at bike shops. Pretty great guys at Recovery in the Nordeast, but went and met and got some work done at Sunrise Cyclery in Uptown - they fixed the rear tube issue which Recovery did not, but I won't hold that against those guys ... much.

And it's probably the waning days of warmish and easy bike riding so I will be getting out on the Schwinn today and cruise around the lakes.

Last night's meeting about Batting for Punto was postponed again; this time not by me, but I must admit I was beat and wasn't totally feeling it myself, but would have gone and met. But I have an idea for an MC (instead of me and other writer/partner) and would like to move that forward, get some other commitments and set a date for November and keep it. Now, that has to work around a week long trip back East, but such is life interrupting art.

Need to see what is happening with the Rose book cover; plans for Modus Locus involve having the book-release, reading/selling/signing there as well are all waiting on having the actual book to have to hold and to sell fer chrissakes...

Okay, I am going to get out into the sun and try not to spend $50 as I do so.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment