Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First blog scribbled in the new place. Thurman locked in the bathroom being far too quiet for my comfort as the landlady's handyman/husband puts door closers on my front door. I had started to ask someone what a door closer was and found myself about to ask how frequently the Weekly World News comes out or when Saturday Night Live is on (although if you asked my opinion I'd say it went off the air twenty years ago). But that's what's happening as I write this.

And I can write this as I finally installed my internet and wireless. And yes, it had been activated last night and I did attempt to install, but doing so in the dark (literally as I haven't got much in the way of anything outside of "mood lighting") and having had some whiskey with a visiting friend (I am so central that friends keep stopping by and as long as they bring whiskey and beer and stuff it will be great for winter) I apparently was trying to put the phone Jack into the Jill -- if you catch my drift.

But even with the still very spartan surroundings -- and I don't plan on taking it that much past that -- I have a good spot from which to type: facing doors, facing windows out to the street all bode well. But, in two weeks I also move my desk into the downtown loft space and expect to have some good and quiet writing ahead of me there. It does coincide well with the start of Nanowrimo (www.nanowrimo.org) and even though I have nothing I want to write (outside of the Cave Girl movie) but I guess I have a week or two to come up with something resembling a plot...


Okay, okay - yes I am aware that the World Series starts tomorrow. And I suspect that I will watch some of it, but rooting for the Texas Rangers has very little appeal; I would rather Ron Washington touch that trophy than goddamn LaRussa but it's only the lesser of two evils. And the Rangers winning it all may embolden Nolan Ryan into not only trying to keep CJ Wilson (who, really is going to cost himself a lot of potential Yankee cash if he doesn't pitch well in the Series) and into going after CC, should he opt-out of his contract.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment