Friday, July 1, 2011

Derek Jeter is nearly set to come off the DL and resume his quest for 3000 hits. And although the question never really is "will he do it or not?" there has been this aspect of "will he do it at home?" And although all involved in Yankee-land would like to see that for the obvious reasons, it did raise an interesting scenario in my mind: Derek Jeter gets that epic 3000th base-hit at Yankee Stadium and he does it in his own dramatic fashion: the hit is of the walk-off variety.

So picture this: the Captain drives in that winning run with one of his patented inside-out liners into short right field. His teammates mob him, the fans give him a standing "O," the bleacher creatures chant his name over and over; even the rival team stands at the edge of their dugout and applaud. And then after the fervor dies down a little and Jeter is being interviewed on the field about his very notable achievement, does AJ Burnett have the cajones to get and make one of his patented shaving and/or whipped cream pies and deliver it to the face of Jeet in front of 45,000 fans as well as a TV viewership of millions and millions? He's got to, right? That is what I want to see...


Have I mentioned that I don't care much for the city of Los Angeles? Perhaps I have; seems like I often need reminders, even still. Got one by being there earlier this week and then another in watching a fairly lovely little movie Netflix brought me entitled, "HappyThankYouMorePlease." A character in this little wise movie nails LA (and its "connection" to New York) in a rather amusing and accurate way. It's a little of a recommend. And while I am at it, should you add both "Bunny and the Bear" and "Dante's Inferno" to your instant queue, you will be happy you have done so.

I received an interesting proposal that could impact my Winter's worth of hibernation and production yesterday afternoon and I am still chewing on it. I very well may be the only person here who has - despite the recent heat & humid wave - been looking forward to the onslaught of the Winter season, but there I am. Give me a cow in the freezer, beer brewing in the basement, someone cuddly (working on that angle too) beside me and something to keep me busy thinking on and writing out and Winter smells good to me. So there; don't tell anyone...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment