Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So, “A Rose by Any Other Name: An Alphabet of Tales About a Man & a Woman” is this much closer to being available for Kindle. It’s up there, but the formatting needs some major corrections and the covers and author information still need to be added. But it is a big step further along than it’s been and I’d like to thank Alan Turkus for that. Hopefully soon I will be telling you where you can buy it and read it – or at least – tell me that you have…
And it looks like I will be booked to do a second reading at Jamye Waxman’s Sexy Tales at El Cid on 1/11/11. Of course, the smart thing to do would be to read a story from the aforementioned short story collection and try and sell some books. So then, why am I considering of performing the first handful of pages from the book that I had stolen last year? I suppose it’s probably because I am an idiot who likes to shoot himself in the foot?
Maybe I should call my friend Falling James and ask him how it worked out when he insisted on naming his follow-up to the amazing rock n’ roll album, Kill Tunes, “FUCK.” Walmart sold SO many copies with that big black curse-word over a lovely picture of blue sky and clouds.

Jesus Chrysler may drive a Dodge, but apparently Fannie Mae inspectors drive Porsches. After seven-plus months of trying to get code violations and mandatory repairs handled, how is it that the very same week that I decide to stop caring about it and let that shit go, that they finally show up. Really enjoyed the dude standing in my door lying to me and saying he’s called me four times. He offered to show me his phone; I countered with offering to show him my called ID.
“If you don’t like it, burn it down,” – I think that’s a line from a very old Suicide Commandos song; the SC were, to the best of my knowledge, the first punk band from Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment