Thursday, December 16, 2010

My apologies to ALL of you who checked in yesterday to find out the second difference between at&pee and Metro-PCS outside of the obvious less than half the cost and who cares about that: I know you’re all addicted to your I (am not actually a) phone, but I can actually make a call with my new one. Crap! I may even call you now.
Here’s the second thing I noticed immediately: When my new phone was fully charged, it beeped and told me that I should unplug the adaptor/charger to conserve energy. Now, I cannot speak for each and every at&pee model phone – only for the ones that I have had over the years – but when those phones were fully charged they instructed me to shove the free end up my rectum and leave it there. Now, many of you may like that, and by all means, don’t let me try and influence you otherwise, I’m just sharing my observations and now there’s more room for my head up my ass.
So there…

The cover photographs for my short story collection are now in my possession; working on cover design and formatting right now. The rock is still being pushed up the hill, but it’s getting closer and now it’s closer still…

RIP Bob “Rocket Robert” Feller, one of the finest right-handed pitchers baseball has ever seen and a fine, if outspoken gentleman. I recall meeting Mr. Feller at one of the first, big baseball memorabilia conventions I attended as a kid. He took the time to look up at you and talk (so unlike the Say Hey kid) as he signed a baseball or photograph. The starting nine up in Heaven just got all that much better.
Speaking of better, I “suppose” the Phils have done that, poaching Cliff Lee. And most sour grapes aside, who wants a guy who’s afraid to pitch in the heated American League East? Would have liked to have him for the short run, but a seven year contract (the Yankees can afford the money) for a 32 year old lefty who is already having serious back issues could have been quite an albatross. Good luck there, Missus Lee in the City of Brother Love where they spit on the home team’s wives.
But I do hope Andy Pettitte comes back for one more go around; sure do like those crafty, smart lefthanders hurling for the Yanks in the big ballpark in the Bronx.

No comments:

Post a Comment