Friday, December 10, 2010

First – what is ready: I have opened a little store on Café Press and made available for purchase a couple of T-shirts (so far) emblazoned with a couple of my favorite sayings. One of them is an original to me, the other I stole off a bank wall in Hoboken, New Jersey so many, many years ago that the statute of limitations has expired and “LIVE FAST! (Die Out of Town”) is all mine, mine, mine. And now, along with “God is Love* … *Some Restrictions Apply” you can get your own shirt at:
www.cafepress.com/RightorWrong1

As for the short story collection, the Sisyphean push up the hill continues. Amusingly enough, I am back at the very place I was about a year and half or two years ago. The copy is proofed, edited, formatted for print (and now, almost for Kindle, too) and I am just awaiting the cover photograph of the tattoo that has always been the “cover to be.”
I really wanted the shots taken of the ink when it was fresh and at its brightest to serve as the cover. Especially since the cover will be representing Tracy Ray’s work and I’d also like her to be seen in her best light, too. But if that can’t happen by the end of this weekend, I will get a new shot taken and just have it cleaned up in photo-shop or something like that.
I have submitted two of the stories from the collection to Jamye Waxman for her next Sexy Tales night at El Cid, in Hollywood on 1/11/11. And although I would prefer to do a spoken word thing, reading from my book – especially if I can have copies to sell that night – makes practical sense so I am listening; hopefully someone in the audience will as well.

I am also trying to push the years old music video for Darren Gaines & The Key Party’s song “To Begin Again” toward completion before the end of this stupid year. After three years of limbo (two of those years being spent by the original editor sitting on his ass and my master tapes before losing them for another year) it’s about time to just make that as good as it can be and move on.

My tarot card reading last night said the Yankees would make me happy and sign Cliff Lee; it was the first time in twenty years of reading cards that someone asked a sports question.

No comments:

Post a Comment