Wednesday, February 20, 2013



I just posted the latest video/story on my IndieGoGo campaign page, but you can see it right here. This is the last of the 3 videos Zed shot in my apartment. I'll be adding some snippets of video that Kristin shot at my personal appearances last weekend ... as soon as I can figure out to do that.

And, at this point, I am totally open to suggestions as to what I can do better in attempting to promote myself and, more crucially - the work - "A Rose by any Other Name." Getting over the nerve factor "on the road" in Wisconsin was very valuable. But now I am ready and willing to come to your town - or book store - so all I need is the "able" and alas, trying to promote and market a book (or anything) without the benefit of a publisher or a PR-agent is a pretty daunting task.

Back in the Golden Age, a patron would have been an amazing person to have in your corner, but these days, we get facebook and they've worked very hard and making it not a very useful promotional tool: yes, you can pay $7 so that 50 people can see your post, instead of 5, but in the economy of self-publishing I would have to sell a book or two to make that financially viable and it just hasn't seemed to make a difference.

So, outside of saying, "rob a bank," or "take down the campaign" (they don't let you) drop me a line and let me know what else I can do.

thanks
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment