Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's day to you, and you, and you... not so sure about you... and you.

My IndieGoGo campaign has stalled this week. I've had some offers that will hopefully come to fruition that will permit me and "Rose" to get to the old stomping grounds of Los Angeles where the book was written, but I'm really hoping to be able to expand my reach beyond that.

Towards that end, today is "Show Me the Love" day: in addition to the regular perks being offered, the largest contributor will also receive an inscribed, very, very early edition of my novel-in-progress, "Live Fast! (Die out of Town.)" I'm working on a re-write, polish now having started reading the book aloud yesterday to my dear friend, David Anderson. Unlike my radio appearance on WDRT last Sunday night, where I did actually get to say "crap" on the radio, but none of the 7 words you can't say on TV (or radio, for that matter) there's an awful lot of expletives in my novel.



That's not me -- that is George Carlin ^ back in the day doing the famous piece on bad words....

If you're reading this in Wisconsin, or are looking for something to do this weekend other than seeing the new Die Hard movie, I will be making my first personal appearances in support of "A Rose by any Other Name" at a couple of books stores:

1) Saturday, February 16th @ Driftless Books in Viroqua, WI @ 5pm. Complimentary Organic Valley cheese and crackers will be served with (boxed) red wine and Surly Furious beer. Come for the drinks, leave with an inscribed copy of the book for you or your Valentine.

2) Sunday, February 17th @ Pearl Street Books in LaCrosse, WI: same refreshments unless there's a crazy run on 'em Saturday...

Click HERE to go to my IndieGoGo campaign page and to see me reading "Mustang Sally" one of the stories from "Rose."

Thanks,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment