Thursday, February 7, 2013

As promised yesterday, here is a sneak-peak of the next video/read of one of the tales from my book, "A Rose by any Other Name: An Alphabet of Tales about a Man and a Woman." This one, "Mustang Sally," is dedicated to my grandfather, Izzy Hecht. Gramps did get to read a draft of the story, but never got to see the book in publication. He would have turned 100 next month and on the same day that my beloved cat, Poe, would have turned 25 (both have been gone for 5 years now). Oddly enough, March 26th is the same birthday as my current feline/familiar, Thurman.

"Mustang Sally" has more non-fiction in it than fiction; nearly more than most any of the tales included in the book. Here's me reading it to you. Shot by dear Zed.



So, part of not being fully clear of which side of the Mississippi River I am on: I cross the thing so often these days, perspective gets lost, but I have vivid memories of the very first time I crossed it. That was about twenty years ago at the mid-point of a cross-country motorcycle trip with another dear friend, Carl Ihling. Should the IndieGoGo campaign be successful, Carl's Auto Repair in Boise, Idaho will be the site of one of my readings/signings although I know that Carl will demand that I read his favorite, the Thanksgiving tale of break-ups and breakdowns, "Nina, a Pinto and the Santa Ana Winds."

So, the correction regarding the mighty Mississippi, is that I will be reading 3 tales and maybe the poem from "Rose" this coming Sunday evening at 7:30pm local time on the Soundwaves programme on WDRT.

Please click HERE to go the page with details about my intended book tour, The Rock 'n Rose Spring Tour 2013 and how you can help me. Thanks.

And yes, I know that pitchers and catchers report to Yankee Spring Training in a matter of days and I am more than well aware that at least two Yankees (A-Rod and catcher Francisco Cervelli) are embroiled in yet another PED scandle and I will tackle all of that in due time.

Baby, it's cold, go read a book. "Rose" makes a great Valentine's Day present. Get your print copy HERE or the Kindle edition RIGHT HERE

Thanks again,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment