Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The anonymous, Yankee player quote about the Cashman situation summed it up well: “Can you imagine if the old man was alive and this happened?”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/brian-cashman-dealing-lurid-details-article-1.1018333#ixzz1li6prGLh

And even though I tweet as the ghost of "the old man," even I am leaving the GM's personal business just that: personal business.  @GeorgesGhost

Apparently, between depositions, Cash is finding time to talk to potential lefty DH bats for the Yankee lineup. Currently, the money (and less than he'd take from a non-contender (it's funny that what sometimes burns the Yanks is being used to drive prices up, sometimes goes the other way) is on Raul Ibanez over friendly faces of Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui. The belief being that Ibanez could still get some time in the OF which the Yankees clearly feel is not an option if either Damon or Matsui return to the fold.

You ask me, I'd rather go with Eric Chavez, who can spell both A-Rod at third and Texeira at first-base adequately in the latter and as a former Gold Glover in his former, full-time position. Thing with Chavez is that he does have a near-Nick Johnson-like ability to wind up on the DL. So there's that...

Less than 2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report. I haven't marked that on my calendar yet, but sure will be doing so soon. For me the starter's pistol for the new season is when I get the year's subscription renewal notice for the MLB package.

Oh, and if you're wondering what to get me for my birthday, note this on YOUR calendar: the anniversary of my birth coincides with the Yankee home opener. Yup...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment