Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year and new material. I resolve that "A Rose by Any Other Name" will come out in print this year and that I will hold at least 1 book-signing event, but hopefully be able to afford to take it on the road to other cities where I may have friendly connection sufficient to get me a location and a crowd. I will have to figure out how many books I will have to sell at each event to warrant a trip, but there's something that sounds a little exciting about that.

Also: I will get back to the novel, "Live Fast! (Die Out of Town)" and work on that so it too will be ready to either push out of the nest in the same manner of Rose or if that can be the book I can speak of when asked, "What's next?" I'm thinking that I may have enough distance - both physically and mentally - from Los Angeles and the business of screenwriting to roll up my sleeves on my Misadventures in the Screen-trade premise.

And if I can't get my own writers salon off the ground (and I do need a new name because of the bleeping bosox signing Nick bleeping Punto!) I will find other venues to present my work- either readings or spoken word. I suppose that the doing my own vs. participating in someone else's event sways in the balance as I decide in the coming month or two if I will stay in the loft work space or bail from it as it has been changed severely since I signed on. That may sound like bitching, and perhaps it is, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

And as I finally commence my bar-tending school this week, I also need to consider whether the idea of doing a screenwriting workshop out of the space is a valid, moneymaking plan or not. I am pretty sure I can teach others the basics of screenwriting in 6 weeks or so and make myself available to the new writers afterwards as their screenplays develop. My biggest concern (outside of the standard: I haven't done this before thing) is that I won't be able to get enough participants (I believe I would need 8-10 to make it really worth my while, although I think it could still be okay if I get 6 enrolled) and have to toss the idea aside.

And last, but not least: I am in search of a muse, so ... you know: No reasonable offer refused...

Cheers
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment