Friday, January 27, 2012

Just over 3 weeks until pitchers & catchers report for spring training and I'm feeling like I am nearly ready; seems like the Yanks will be, too. Andruw Jones? Signed. Boone Logan? Signed. They say A-Rod is healthy again and that can help a whole bunch. The latest name being seriously kicked around for the quasi-vacant DH slot this week is, drum roll please: Raul Ibanez. I am sure the Bleacher Creatures will be ecstatic if only because "Rauuuuuuuuul" would be fun to chant from right-field.

Vastly different from last year, the Bosox off-season acquisitions don't scare anyone: Cody Ross? Couldn't even hit enough in San Francisco where they don't hit a lick. Speaking of the Giants, I had forgotten they'd traded from their surplus of starting pitching (they did lock up The Freak for 2 years and roughly $40M) Sanchez to KC for Melky Cabrera. If I were the Giants I'd be worried that Melky's going to be a bad influence on the Panda. I envision many late night burritos from the Mission and the two of them not hitting their weight.

Nice pictures out of the Motor City of Prince Fielder and his son; reminiscent of Prince with his father, Cecil during his Detroit hey-day.

Can the Mets finish below last place in the NL East this season? You have to think it's possible.

Giants will beat the Pats... again.

Tonight, I'll attend Harriet Brewery's 1-year anniversary party. A friend's band is playing; the close friends DJ collective as well although the local paper othan nly called them "and others," but that's better nothing, right?

Tomorrow night after waiting for 20 years, I'll get to see the Twin Cities' original punk band, The Suicide Commandos, at 1st Avenue for the cool local radio station's birthday party. They may be old (may?) but I expect an entertaining night.

Okay, time to nurse the cold...

Cheers
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment