Monday, January 2, 2012

Big news from the Yankee front: they re-signed Andruw Jones. Yeah, not entirely world shaking news there. Cashman probably would have let it linger on for a while longer had reports not hit the papers that the bosox were interested. Those reports probably came directly from Jones' agents, but who could blame him? Perhaps, just perhaps, the Yankee brass is keeping an eye on the eligibility and availability of the Cuban defector who likes to be called "The Power" although in Spanish, where, I am sure, it sounds a lot less pretentious; maybe he should let his bat do his talking from this point forward.

Those dreaded sox did pick up a closer in Bailey and a decent bat in Sweeney from the fire-sale that is the Oakland A's. Having just read the book (see blog from last week, I think) mostly about A's GM Billy Beane, one has to wonder what is up his sleeve. Yes, a lot of this is predicated on the Athletics getting out of Oakland and into a new park in San Jose and I'd be  close-minded to think that Beane isn't up to something, but at this point? Really hard to tell as it looks like he's giving away anyone on their pitching staff who can actually, you know, pitch.

The NY football Giants, for a second week in a row, showed like they actually want to win some games and lo and behold, last night's strong showing send them to the playoffs and the cowboys home.

Here's how I know I was really planning on attending a friend's New Year's Day brunch yesterday: I bought vegetarian pate. Yes, I also picked up some legit stuff as well, but there's not a chance in heck I would have gotten the mock stuff. That is my story and I am sticking to it, but I didn't make it any further than Lund's yesterday. And no, I wasn't hung over, but was enjoying a day of chill and netflix. I'll find someone to feed the pate, but for myself last night it was a broiled lobster tail, Israeli couscous and some lightly steamed string beans with a Velvet Rooster to wash it all down with. So far, suffering is in full effect for 2012. Let's keep that  up.


Happy New Year! Tomorrow's blog will be completely different. Well, it won't say the same exact thing...


Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment