Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I could go back and read what I wrote yesterday in regard to CC Sabathia staying put as a New York Yankee, but I won't bother: The Big Man signed what amounts to a 1-2 year contract extension. Yes, he could have opted out of the contract (sure, I mentioned that part) but his family and his heart are in New York and although by the time the contract expires, potentially 2017, he could be the biggest (editor: fattest) Yankee pitcher ever; he may require more pinstripes on his 2015, 2016 uniform than anyone else, Babe Ruth or David Wells included. Don't know if there's a way to check this on an old Bambino, or Boomer home togs, but I will stand by that until proven wrong.

Across the river, the Mets are moving the fences in the help their hapless hitters although, to me, it also smells of the fact that they know they will not be able to re-sign and retain the triples-hitting speed of Jose Reyes; he is the guy who most benefited from the original outfield configuration as it really aided and abetted his ability to hit three-baggers.

Bye-bye LaRussa; glad to see ya go, but if this means I have to deal with listening to his idiotic, although successful, take and tactics of the game as a broadcaster next season, I will be campaigning for his dismissal -- check that: his Exile - from Spring Training (editor: when is that?!) 'til he's shown the door like Joe Bleeping Morgan.

Welcome to November which is often and is this year, the month for Nanowrimo.org -- National Novel Writing Month. I've mentioned it before (editor: and he'll mention it again, and again. Someone should edit this guy...) but you and many other writers and soccer moms around the country commit to penning a 50,000 word novel during the penultimate month of the year. I have a title, "Warm Button Issues," so that's 3 words; only requiring 49,997 more to go. Guess I should get to it, although this was so not the week to break my french press. Should someone lend or give me an unbroken one, I will name a sympathetic character in the book for you. What a deal!

Cheers and happy November to you,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment