Monday, September 19, 2011

Well, sorry it has been a full week since the last post. Hopefully you've been watching the Yanks and keeping an eye on those dreadful Bosox as they collapse like it's April all over again. Johnny Damon had the quote of the day with this one: "They couldn't root for me when I played for New York. Now they have to root for the whole team." 


And it's funny cause it's true. With the Yanks playing the fast-charging Rays 7 times out of the last 10 games, the "nation" must root for the Evil Empire. Gosh darn, but I hope that hurts... real bad.


But it has also dawned on me this past week or so - or maybe I've been distracted (Editor's note: Yes, he has been "distracted.") - but it's seeming like something of a ho-hum baseball season, but I suppose the post-season should amp all of that right up...




I had to push the maiden voyage of "Batting for Punto: A Salon" back from September 22 to a date to be determined this week as I personally dropped the ball and didn't get the event of my own personal part of it where they needed before disappearing off into the desert for 2 weeks and really, the subsequent following 10 days of attempted decompression.
Yes, I still have the faded mohawk atop my head and blue polish on 2 of my finger nails. Sue me...


But it is Autumn clearly and time for work as soon as I am able to settle into a new place to live and a new place from which to write. Hopefully both of those will be solved sooner rather than later; saw an apartment that I want on Friday night and had a meeting in regards to the studio space, but the previous sharer in that has yet to move out. This is fine (to some degree) as it means I didn't have to yet pay for a space that I am not mentally prepared to move into.


But all this will change -- and soon! Watch this spot for some real updates. Yeah!


Thanks
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment