Thursday, September 29, 2011

In an effort toward pushing the premiere of Batting for Punto: A Salon forward last night I missed out on the most exciting conclusion to a MLB season possibly ever and for that I am sorry for me and sorry for you, my dedicated readers. I should be telling you about something you missed from the tag-team action of last night's late night conclusions.

I can tell you this: I made and brought flier for the event for next Wednesday, Oct 5th in Minneapolis and if you're reading this from anywhere close to that, stop on by, hear a tale, buy a beer...

And in my defense, when I left home last night the Yankees were holding a 7-0 lead over the Rays, who had mustered but 2 scant singles over 6 innings and looked done; all over but the shouting. And the Orioles/Sox game was in a rain delay and with the weather being what it has been it seemed like I chose the correct course of action. I could not have been any more wrong. I chose poorly...

And although getting updates from NY were grand (it's usually me supplying them to others) it wasn't like watching; for once in front of this machine would have been more enjoyable than even a night in a treehouse with good beer and friends. Oh well...

So, the playoffs start tomorrow and I no longer have Tracy Ray's great tattoo studio from which to watch. I'll be utilizing that TBS on-line feed of their extra cameras and the broadcast sound. At least this year they've made the "bonus features" very affordable; I suspect I'll be watching much of this in bars which is not so inexpensive but will have no choice when freakin' Fox takes over from TBS. Meh...

I'll write about AL/NLDS predictions and thoughts tomorrow; today is not the day for that...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment