Thursday, June 2, 2011

I haven't used my video camera for much in the last handful of years. Much of what has been shot is not for other's eyes, but that should be changing soon. The camera is going to start getting used for interviews as background research for the not-quite top secret Mid-West movie project; some call it "Caving" but nothing is etched in stone.

But I am also going to have DTA start telling stories -- whatever he wishes actually -- into my lens. I hope to serve as his frame, but literally and figuratively. I also hope that seeing and hearing his own wisdom screened right back at him will show DTA how much brilliance, immediacy and importance he has right now to share with his family.


Looks like change is upcoming for TTITD. And initially I wasn't wholly sold on the idea of a breakaway camp; great for all of those who make that change, but I have already made mine and have been looking forward to some of the isolation that I have actually enjoyed out in that desert the last few years and to not having to answer to anyone or anything during my week and a half wandering. That said- the lure of a no-toil camp of my community may be too powerful a thing to not be a party to. See? Sounds like I want in; I "poached" a couple others already for this new venture so it looks like I am in.

We'll see. I do think some of it will be predicated on my romantic entanglements (or lack thereof) as we head into August. Haven't been with anyone in that way out there for 5 years and I am open to the idea as well as the practice of sharing that week with someone else.

Listening Universe? Yeah, it listens but it has one of those weird voice modulators like Dr. J. Frank Parnell used in "Repo Man;" you can hear the other person speaking but you have to decipher it and mostly make it up yourself. A lot of help that is...

Somehow my summer travels seem to be following the local team. I will be seeing the Twins play the Giants in AT&T Park in a few weeks; hoping that Ranger training in Chicago in July coincides with the Twins playing the White Sox that weekend. I will enjoy that but it's not a sign of things to come - just a coincidence - you will NEVER come to this blog and find me a true Twins fan.

Thanks,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment