Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grumpy, hot day. I would be fine with the near 100 degree temperature and maybe even the humidity, but having ripped out the scar tissue (that really should have been healed after almost 2 months following the oral surgery) and garnered an infection in the same spot has me back on soft-food (okay- when that includes Belgian chocolate gelato and lobster bisque that suffering is somewhat minimized), antibiotics and the saving grace of Vicodin has lead to this round of well-earned grump. Ha-rumph...

Having re-injured myself on Friday morning but feeling committed to show up at Harriet Brewery and shadow head-brewer Jason wasn't the greatest way to calm my mouth. I sucked it up and bore as much as I could until the pain got too much and I bailed home for pain meds. I have a damn high pain threshold; I've fallen asleep in the tattoo chair even when having some sensitive areas of my body stuck repeatedly with needles, so when something really hurts I know it's most likely legit; got proof (and the aforementioned Rx) from the oral surgeon yesterday.


Yanks go into 3-game series vs. Bosox looking to exact a little revenge for the 1-5 start against their heated (and hated; at least by us fans) rivalry. We're a game up and a sweep would be very tasty, but even 2 outta 3 sends them out of the Bronx a couple games behind us as June starts to get serious. A few more bats start to heat up along with the mostly effective pitching could make for a very nice Summer. The trade deadline is just around the corner (already?) and that could mean a new arm for the rotation, but even if Cashman fails to procure an upgrade, Phil Hughes is on the mend and could be that Summer shot-in-the-arm. Sorry for the pun...


Hopefully, I will start my video project with DTA next week. DTA performed a very interesting round of Reiki on me last week that opened my eyes to something going on in my body that somehow I had forgotten about. Weird. My plan is for a quid pro quo of Reiki for my video interviewing skills. Seems a fair trade...

Hoping to (re)connect with a handful of my California friends in a few weeks. I feel like I have let some of those friendships slide a little in the last few months but it hasn't been intentional and I am looking forward to seeing whomever is around and available.

Okay- at some point I will need to face the heat and sun and get out into Summer...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment