Monday, May 9, 2011

I'll be having the first story meeting on the Not-So-Top-Secret Midwest-Movie-Idea this week. The more I "research" it even in a sporadic and non-scientific way, the more it seems that I am actually on to something: I have had a number of people offer up anecdotal information right on the track of which I intend to question people "officially." So with the Winter finally over (it is over, right?) and Spring doing its thing I think getting that ball rolling this week is timely and appropriate.

Finally saw The Danger Board (and completed my 3-across Bingo: WIN!) at the Loring Theatre on Saturday night. Shame it was their final and farewell performance because I wouldn't have minded one bit seeing them again -- and that is not just for the free salad bar of which I used too much salad dressing (sorry). I likened them somewhat to The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo and that is indeed a compliment.

Speaking of compliments: here's one for Derek Jeter for not only keeping his head when all those around him (okay, in the media) have lost them, but for staying with what has made him one of the winningest, most consistent baseball players the game has seen. He raised his batting average a huge chunk over the road-trip; he's hitting for a higher one that most of the rest of the line-up and yesterday finally saw the results of hitting the ball harder: his first two long-balls of the 2011 season. Oh Captain, my Captain: perhaps this will silence them for a few days.

MN Craft Beer week next is upcoming. Beer, good ... foamy! Maybe see you there...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment