Thursday, May 26, 2011

Have you ever noticed how quickly 5 o'clock comes when you've slept until 11am. If you're reading this at work you probably fail to find the humor in that, but as an insomniac it's a freakin' boon I tell you. After a rather difficult night luxuriating in the Zubas' hot-tub with a handful of friends, it was well past my bedtime when I got home last night. And although my slumber was aided and abetted I never dreamed it was 10:45am when I kicked Thurman out of bed and followed suit.

Of course the small handful of beers at Target Field yesterday probably didn't help either...

Was happily surprised NOT to see Manny Ramirez's name on the 2011 All-Star ballot...

Does anyone know if AMC's "The Living Dead" gets better as it goes? Watched the first five or six episodes of the 1st season and was so utterly bored by the incessant character development that just stops the story colder than a re-animated corpse that I think I have given up on it. That said-- really looking forward to catching the new seasons of "Treme" and "Louie."

If you're in the 612 you should come see the first and final re-union show of The Danger Board.

Found proper spice mix for jerk and I will use what I have, but there is a recipe in this month's "Playboy" with a for-reals from scratch recipe...

Got home-made lard this past Sunday from a friend's farm in Wisconsin; yes-- my fried pork chops CAN get better...

Looks like the new, brew op' will happen next week.

Okay, as you read this I'm going to read someone else's words...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment