Tuesday, March 8, 2011


Greetings & salutations from the snow-covered MidWest.

Things I have noticed that are the same: seemingly no one walks in Minneapolis either - just me - but I think that's because it's slippery, not because there's a rule against walking, as in Los Angeles.
And although my first greeter to Minneapolis threatened to shoot me if I flew with Thurman again, he was wearing a Cubs hat so he wasn't a local, per se. Since then, despite temperatures that my SoCal thinned blood still need to acclimate to, the welcome has been much warmer. I'm not saying this kind of abrupt change is for everyone, but nearly a week in, it feels right to me. Even waiting all day for UPS & Fedex ain't so bad when there's pre-season baseball to watch.
AT&Pee can keep sending me bills for my cancelled cellphone service, but they seem like they're missives from another time and another place- so there. That, much like the old homestead seem to have less reach here. To say that I don't miss it is understatement. Good sleep seems to help sweep that all away...

I won't yet bore you with details of the Yankees' grapefruit league play, but you know it's coming...

The Rose cover will be done as soon as a friend who is on vacation, comes back. In the meanwhile, I'll get back to the Live Fast! novel edit and I think there's a family script that is supposed to get banged out this month. I get to hibernate, assimilate, acclimate some this month as I learn to get my snow-legs...

Or: Snow-far, snow-good...

Cheers, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment