Monday, November 5, 2012

Wisconsin, a native word meaning, I believe "well, at least it ain't flat" was very very good to me. Despite the faux 'hound bus getting me there an hour later, I tasted 3-4 local beers including a powerful Scotch Ale over the couple of days.

Was invited to a home cooked dinner from a Saddam Hussein-look-alike chef who no longer has a restaurant so an invite is the only way to get his sensational Lebanese cooking. I don't think I had had a full-on Lebanese meal in over a decade since an exceptional meal at Mamlouk on my old East Village 4th street. Not sure if that place is still there, regardless the lamb stroganoff made with both heavy cream and the expected sour cream was rich, warm and creamy as all get out. The lamb - cooked perfectly - fell apart if your fork even looked at it.

Meanwhile, I got to stop into Driftless Books, housed in an old tobacco house in Viroqua, WI which is the only retail outlet so far to carry my book, "A Rose by Any Other Name." As soon as I figure out this posting pictures snafu, I'll post a couple pictures of the place. Word on the street is that I will be able to do a reading -- perhaps even for the radio -- and a signing there sometime soon.

Okay, the bus was late getting me home and so I've got to fly.

Later,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment