Thursday, November 1, 2012

Well, it looks like I had some techinical issues earlier in the week. The last blog post -- think it was my initial take on the Yankees hot-stove moves -- got eaten by the interbunny. Such is life...

But the dedication page on my 1st book, "A Rose by Any Other Name" reads: "For DTA and his strength" which is about my friend David Anderson and his battle with ALS. As mentioned before there is a kickstarter campaign going right now: click here and while we surpassed the stated goal of $15K after but a few days, that was really just the beginning. Getting David to DJ a New Year's Eve party in Minneapolis is just part of the plan. There is a bigger, far reaching plan to make all the technical developments created for David's use available to other people in the world suffering from diseases such as ALS, MS and others that limit those stricken to communicate effectively with the rest of us.

And while I appear in the video, I also want to put my money where my mouth is and offer up the profits from sales of my book for the remaining twenty-two days on the kickstarter which is now over $17K in donations.

I will donate $5 from every print edition copy sold in the next three weeks from either me personally (inscribed if you would like) or if you purchase from the print-on-demand location here.

I would include soome pictures - actually tried - but tech issues persist: sorry.

Meanwhile, working on the novel. A small handful of people have had it in their hands. I am awaiting feedback so that I can move on to the next draft toward a 2013 publication date, but there's still so much to do this winter with Rose so I am in no real rush to push it out before it's fully gestated.

There's some screenplay stuff bubbling around as well, but I'm not jinxing that by mentioning it to the likes of you and you and you...

Thanks
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment