Friday, May 11, 2012

Sometimes, if it gushes, it leads. Here's what a renowned hobo had to say about "Rose" yesterday:

Last night, I bought it and read it before going to sleep...when I finally rested, I dreamed I was the size of a brownstone, with NYC tap water running through my veins. When I woke up I had 26 girlfriends and spoke 17 dialects of English. CHECK IT OUT!


Very soon I will be ordering a bunch of my own book and will be making them available for direct purchase from the author. And although it probably reduces the value -- much like getting my 1972 Topps Steve Garvey high-number baseball card signed did -- but you will be given that opportunity.


I have posted nearly one quarter of the stories on Wattpad, so if you're one of those people who needs a bigger sample size, here's your chance. Click here: http://www.wattpad.com/user/BrianMazo to read and become a fan.


***********************************************************************************


Behind the huge left arm of CC Sabathia the Yankees took the rubber game against the Rays in the Bronx last night. Had Roberston not blown the save on Wednesday night the Yanks could have swept their main division rivals. We are already feeling what life after Mo will be like and nobody likes it.


Last night, Girardi went to Rafael Soriano to close it out in the ninth. Both he and D-Rob had thrown a two nights in a row and the skipper likes to avoid three in a row. He made the decision to go with former Rays closer Soriano and he closed out the game, earning his first save of 2012 although he gave up a run in the 9th. Final 5-3 Yanks.


I am having a terribly good time watching the Red Sox disintegrate again, proving that September of 2011 was no fluke; it was just the tip of the iceberg of more bad times to come for the Nation. At least booing Beckett has become the favorite past time of those disgruntled in Beantown, taking Bobby V off the hook for the moment.


Sorry to be brief today, but it's a gorgeous day to have off and I am about to go read someone else's book while you (hopefully) read mine.


Catching my first Twinkies game tonight at Target. I'll be rooting for them to beat the Jays; the home team needs all the support it can get.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment