Monday, April 18, 2011

Well, had you come to this blog over the weekend hoping to read something new & sparkly (okay, I wasn't expecting *that*) perhaps you were as surprised as I to find the blog deleted. It wasn't me that deleted it, but it was gone, daddy-o. I actually refrained from freaking out: unless not posting as oft as you say you will is in violation of the terms of service, I hadn't done anything technically wrong. So it was some relief when it just magically re-appeared.

But on this Monday morning -- tax deadline in case you need this last minute reminder - I had committed to sitting back down in the (new to me) chair at the (new to me) desk. Thurman has found the space between the back of the laptop and the (new to me) windows, so that all feels about right. So, for better or worse, as I get back to the edit on the Live Fast! novel there will be more of these posts.

And since baseball season is now well and fully underway (except in Boston) I will even have something to write about. And I know it's only April and there really are no "must win" games (except in Boston) it felt pretty big to take the rubber game vs. Texas last night. Not only was it a national broadcast, but there was that "need" to show the best team in the AL (only so far) and last year's champs, that the Yankees can beat them: two weeks into the season, in 1st place by a few games feels all right.

Good Pesach to any member of the Tribe who happens across this blog. I attended what felt like my first seder in years and I have another one upcoming.

Okay, at this point I think I am just procrastinating getting back to the book. February seems so far away now, but I am sure I can get back into the head space for it -- when I open up the file.

That's it...

No comments:

Post a Comment