Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hopefully I get back to Yankee Stadium again this year. Although the weather cooperated better than fore-casted and the group of family & friends with whom I attended was stellar and AJ Burnett pitched more like CC Sabathia than Javy Vazquez, the Yankee bats could do so little against Humber, who started for the Chisox, that I very nearly saw the home team get no-hit. 2-0 loss, but that's baseball.

I'm waiting for the first "Gone Fishin'" sign to get posted, hoping that it coincides with a Yankee home-stand, whilst secretly hoping that I don't leave a manifested hotel room; that's what archived games on my MLB package are for, right? Right...

It was snowing at last night's Twins game. Throw in the fact that the Rays took the home-team apart in the midst of it and it couldn't have been a great night for the hearty locals. The broadcasters did tell the viewers about the 108 new heaters installed at Target in the hope that someone would show up for the day-night split double-header today. I considered going to the day game until I woke up (late!) this morning and looked out the window. This is a much better day spent watching the TV broadcast from the safety of the stationary bike; don't tell Paul...

"... And, sometimes, the past comes back and kisses you on the lips."

The Subway Inn is far less skeevy that it probably was when it opened in the 1930's, but it was still the ideal locale. Man plans and God laughs, but this time I was "in" on the joke.

There's going to be a 45-party tonight, but not this tonight, but soon...

Going to see the lovely and delightful Mary Mack be all funny and stuff tonight.

Sometimes one needs to break that ol' "don't talk to strangers" adage especially when the stranger initiates...

Thurman was happy to see me home after a week gone, but he did let me know that he doesn't "need" me by continuing to sleep with Paul the night of my return. Point made cat, point made...

Off to the mine,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment