Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yanks score five in the first, make James “No More Big Game” Shields throw over forty pitches and even score four of those five on two-out hits and still, nothing close to the laugher we could use. The Rays start chipping away at Hughes, who’s good, but not great with five walks, with single runs in the 2nd and 3rd and before you know it, the tying run is at the plate. And it’s Dan Johnson who took Hughes deep twice in his previous start, but this time he gets him.
It’s a bloop to left, but here it does look like a line drive, and Cano plates two more later in the game to put Yanks up 7-3. Deep breaths. And you know it’s a game that Girardi really wants. How can I tell? He puts Javy Vazquez in.
And Joba pitches out of some of it in the 8th, and comes back for the 9th and picks up the save, 8-3.

Holy crud! First there was Miguel Olivo who passed some stones and then went right back out and caught the rest of the game. Yesterday word hit that Jerry Hairston had been playing with a broken leg for two months; he had just thought it was shin splints.
And there’s Bochy feeling he has to pull his starter for a pinch-hitter again. It irked me a few days back when he yanked The Freak; personally I’d be pissed if I went to the game to see Lincecum pitch, only to have him pulled after five good innings because the team simply can’t score runs.
Last night it was Cain getting the same treatment: pulled throwing a 2-hit shut-out after six innings pitched. I’d fathom a guess that Cain could’ve grounded meekly to first like pinch-hitter Ishikawa.
Cody Ross could steal second base a lot if it were only fifty feet from first base…
Fortunately for the Giants, Posey puts one out to dead center and the Giants win the match 1-0


So, after being so far back on the burners that the pot will never boil, perhaps “Sin House” is heating up. I had been seeking a solid production staff to back me so that I could just direct the picture and maybe, just maybe, I have found that- and in the weirdest of places.
I never cross the streams of Burning Man friends and work, but I have been recently told that I am a fool for not doing so.
New year, new tactics: and perhaps in one fell swoop maybe I have found the staff and a route to the funding (and more than I ever considered but enough to not only do it correctly, but also to get paid some upfront so that I can be available to do so) and even a line toward distribution.
And yes, the above is peppered with quite a lot of “maybes” and “perhaps” but I learn those lessons the hard-freaking-way, so I remain cautious always, but can still be optimistic. I’ll keep you posted as Sin House percolates…

No comments:

Post a Comment