Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WDJDD? He said, “No thanks,” to a return to Boston and I take back all the bad things I’ve been saying about Johnny Damon’s play in leftfield. No, I don’t actually, but I am still proud of him for sticking it out in the Motor City and leaving the chowder where it should be…

Crazy play at the plate in the 2nd: Thames bowls over Buck and the ball rolls free. Thames nailed the catcher but missed the plate. Buck was able to grab the ball and lunge for Thames and tag him out before he could get the six feet or so back to the plate…
But the Yanks started using the long ball – three of them in 3rd – to take a 6-0 lead and knock out some guy whose name I won’t even attempt to spell: it starts with Rz. Granderson hit a 3-run shot and Jeet a solo in the 5th en route to another laugher, 11-5.
Although I am not sure if I had ever seen a firstbaseman knock his own pitcher on his ass as the former was catching a popfly on the mound, but I did see that yesterday.
Crazier than Thames getting nailed at the plate was Adam Lind getting thrown out at the dish being nine freakin’ runs down. Granderson made a perfect throw and Posada looked a little surprised to see Lind coming his way, but made the easy tag. Jays would have still had the bases loaded, but we’ll take the blunder…
This blog will be going on hiatus for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment