Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sorry the absence of new words on this site for a few weeks. No good excuse so I won't even try.

Without asking for my permission, MLB just went ahead and added a fourth day to the All-Star Break this year and I suppose with how the Yanks have been playing that was a nice relief. They lost a series to the Twins in the Bronx which is like the Globetrotters losing two in a row to the Nationals; just not supposed to happen that way.

But seeing how four days without baseball was just way too much I watched the ASG for the first time in quite a number of years; I don't think I have watched the exhibition game ever since it started counting. But the amazing moment of Mariano Rivera running onto the field all by himself was worth my time.

Jeter back on the DL after 1 game played re-joining Tex (done for the year), Granderson (back next month or so they say), Cervelli (who knows?) and A-Rod (who cares?!) -- actually the scary thing is that A-Rod may actually be needed. Seven different guys have started at the hot corner so far and even outfielder Vernon Wells has seen some action there. I have this inkling that MLB is so utterly pissed off at A-Roid that they're waiting for him to be activated (was supposed to be Monday barring an injury -- and there very well may be an injury) and then and there immediately suspend him. I bet if Selig could have him taken off the field in Arlington in handcuffs and taken to a Texas jail -- he would do so in a NY minute.


Had a nice benefit of the Rose t-shirt promotional: a dear friend's daughter was wearing the pink tank-top I gave her for her HS graduation and she came across a couple girls who had read the book and passed word back to me that they really liked it...

I also donated some money to a writer's site that was raising funds for St. Jude's Childen's Hospital- the reward for doing so getting some promotional tweets for Rose -- and I think that may have already paid for itself in royalties for books sold online. Who says no good deed goes unpunished?

Holding off the next leg of the book tour (sorry, San Francisco; see ya as soon as I can) and working towards a few ongoing local things here in the Twin Cities. I'll do a better job of keeping you posted.

Thanks
B

1 comment:

  1. Are you facing error while signing up the Yobit account? Encountering errors is quite obvious when you have less information about the procedure. In such cases, you should speak to the team of customer care executives who are always there to guide you at every step in so well-mannered manner that you don’t face any difficulty while implementing it. The team of Yobit customer support at 1833-228-1682 experts is always at your service. Visit website :- Yobit customer support

    ReplyDelete