Monday, January 14, 2013

As much as I had been looking forward to seeing "Ted" it was ultimately a rather disappointing movie. The Family Guy style humor that I expected from the likes of Seth MacFarlane was there, but the rather generic romantic comedy script really made the entire affair rather predictable and somewhat boring. When I found myself watching my cat play on the floor with a piece of plastic, I had to shake my head at the work of Alex Sulkan, who I think a comic genius. Oh well...

Meanwhile in the Mid-West, I may soon be big in Wisconsin. Finally launching a promotional campaign for my book, "A Rose by any Other Name" this winter. As of now, nothing is set up in my home city, but February will see me and the book well represented in the neighboring state. I will be reading from the book on air on a radio show transmitted out of Viroqua, WI the first weekend in the shortest month and then returning the following weekend for readings at Driftless Books in the aforementioned Viroqua on Saturday night and then at Pearl Street books in LaCrosse on Sunday.

All of this is part of the Valentine's Day push to finally get the words out in front of the public which is the hardest part for me. I suspect that nerves will be high for both the on-air and personal appearances. As a writer, I am far more comfortable hidden in the office as opposed to standing behind a podium with the small, pink book as my only shield. Wish me luck...

But the plan remains the make this a regular occasion - the readings, etc. (not the nerves and the whinging) - for the first half of the new year. Perhaps we call it a "relaunch" as how it's been described to me. So watch this space: I may be coming your way in the coming months. Hopefully, I can kill a few birds with one big stone and get to go to some cities to see some baseball while I plug my book.

Thanks
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment