Wednesday, July 18, 2012


After missing a week, the Jerusalem Post has resumed publishing the tales (well, the less risque ones) from my first book, "A Rose by Any Other Name" today. I think this is the third one of about a dozen that will eventually appear in their magazine section. I still have an ever-decreasing number of copies on my own shelf that are available for purchase and inscription. Drop me an email if you're interested in a copy; I think I can beat the shipping/handling charges from CreateSpace https://www.createspace.com/3527985 but you can get it there -- as well as from Amazon and Kindle -- also.

Busy life schedule care-giving with my friend David, but since the damn book is dedicated to him, it seems only fair, right? But soon my time doing that will be reduced and I will finally -- as oft threatened -- have a book release party in downtown Minneapolis and then work on doing some readings/signings around town.

Want me in your town? Drop me a line...


I am so not an app'-guy especially considering I own a "dumb phone" but Songkick is the best thing since sliced bread. Basically it tells me whenever a band that is in my Itunes collection is coming to my town. No big deal? It is to me especially since this morning it brought news that The Two Gallants will finally be in the same city at the same time as me.

Mind you-- it's a near miss: the San Francisco-based duo is playing here the first week in October and the night before I fly to the Bay Area to perform my very first wedding. Yes, you may address me as "Reverend Mazo" if you see fit.

CC Sabathia returned from the DL last night and made easy work of the depleted Blue Jays. Missing their big bat Bautista, the Yanks used the early long ball and the great pen (although Chad Qualls even though you're new, your days are numbered, dude. Ask Darnell) to beat the Canadian team 6-1 last night. Now up by nine games and continuing to pull away from the pack, the Yanks despite myriad injuries and rumors that every quasi-available starting pitcher, set-up man and fleet-footed outfielder is being scouted by the Yanks, I bet Cashman stands pat: this team -- even with the injuries -- stands head and shoulders over the rest of the league.

Today's game starts in T-10 minutes so I am signing off...

Cheers
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment