Thursday, April 19, 2012


That's the artwork that will accompany the second -- and final -- installment of the David Blaine impersonation story in the Jerusalem Post Lite next week. After that, the plan is to move on to illustrated installments of stories from my new -- and first -- book, "A Rose by Any Other Name." You can read the first few short stories via Amazon/Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1456458892/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
But please feel free to continue purchasing the book via Create Space if you would be so kind. Here:

Here's what the book looks like in a mechanic's hands; please note: this book is so hot you need gloves to hold it.


As for Yankee baseball, the unthinkable has happened: the Bronx Bombers have been losing to the Twinkies at Yankee Stadium. The Yanks need to take tonight's game or lose the series to the Twins. Outside of a few starts by CC, Kuroda and Nova (who goes tonight) the starting rotation, that had been expected to be one of the best in the AL, has not delivered.

On the other hand, the bullpen that I lauded in my piece for Bronx Baseball Daily (http://bronxbaseballdaily.com/2012/03/preview-of-the-2012-new-york-yankees-bullpen/) has become something of an early season prophecy. Now I don't want to toot my own horn (Editor: yes, he does) but so far my pen has been mighty. Not only in regards to the Yankee bullpen, but much of what I wrote about the bosox is becoming delightfully true up there.

And the piece I pitched about Derek Jeter -- and a positive angle for a change -- came before he turned into the most powerful HR bat in the Yankee line-up. So this week when I take on the Yankee broadcast team all I can hope for is that my planned diatribe about Michael Kay could start the beginning of the end for that big mouth...

Okay, off to peddle books and pound out screenplay pages. Thanks for reading. And as The Residents used to say: BUY OR DIE!

Thanks,
Brian

1 comment:

  1. okay, now you don't have to take my word for it; here's my first Amazon review: The stories in this book leave you wanting more, which is exactly what a short story should be. They are all different, totally readable and every one created an emotional reaction. I especially appreciated Mr. Mazo's ability to accurately describe the feelings of the women in the stories. As an avid reader I often find male writers unable to give an accurate voice to their female characters. I am a female, so I don't find myself able to judge the reverse - female authors writing from a male perspective. I also really enjoyed Mr. Mazo's ability to put voice to feelings and emotions he could not ever have felt himself - a woman suffering a miscarriage - the writing just felt true and real, like it was from the mind of a real person.

    ReplyDelete