Monday, December 19, 2011

It's been great seeing all the people I invite come down to the writing work space I've been a part of downtown. Oh, wait-- right -- I haven't actually gotten any events off the ground so you at least have an excuse. Me? A few, but I'm sure I've "shared" them here already. But since the headline on this page says I am sometimes here to kvetch about people here we go:

One of the 5 studio mates has made our shared work space into his personal clubhouse. He has spent what I thought was his own money to make some modifications and then says our private  work space is an after-hours club. My desk and all my possessions are moved all over the place every other time I go in. I had clearly stated and was in before anyone else that this is supposed to be my steady work space. One person has changed all that. And although this time when I went in my desk was still where it was supposed to be, but my work area should not be used by this other person for storage. I have 100 square feet in a 2000sq foot (all approx.) studio so my space should just be left alone. That is not much to ask for especially since I am paying for the privilege.

This past Saturday we had a holiday party that was supposed to be our joint affair. And again this same one person had too people there who were not kept in line. When the organizers of the party have to all not get what they want so one person can it is unbalanced and unacceptable to me. This was supposed to be a mellow, watch movies on couches affair. There should not have been fire breathing and such nonsense. That was last week's party --- not this one. The rest of us did not want to be breathing in white gas for hours; I sure as shit did not want to wake up with black crap all up my nose.

Someone this inconsiderate and clueless that they are is something I don't have the strength to battle. Right or wrong I am going to lose so now I am strongly considering backing out of something that I was very interested in doing and despite getting in on the ground floor all I feel is stepped on.

Thanks for nothing
B.

2 comments:

  1. wtf?? what about the terms of your lease and his?
    can you call a fire marshal next time he plans a party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only joke about calling the police...

    ReplyDelete