Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I swear I used to look at insomnia as just a way of getting over on just about everyone else. Why you were sleeping, I was thinking. Of course I could write a 50,000 word novel in a month; of course I could complete a work-for-hire screenplay in 5 short days: I never stopped working on it, even when I may have looked like I was sleeping.

But there comes a time where it starts losing that novelty and becoming an issue where you can see insanity poking from around the corners. It's cute during the 2 week phase where I will find myself losing common, every day words. These are snippets of actual conversations I have had during that phase:

"You know the thing you put food in? You open the door and the light comes on?" I get a look, I get you, 'You mean a refrigerator, Brian?" Well, duh, of course that's what I am almost talking about. I once had to describe an item as "the thing the food is listed on with the costs..." Menu is sometimes hard to grasp out of a sleep deprived mind.

So five nights straight of good, minimum 8 hour sleep is like a godsend. I compared the feeling via text to a friend this morning that I feel like the "new"  battery in my "new, refurbished" laptop and its ability to take a charge. I have gotten a good charge and it feels alright...

Now what am I going to do with it? Ikea...

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment