Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I have posted short-shrift blogs before but this one may take the cake -- as long as it's a soft cake. The ongoing trial that is the situation in my mouth garnered another chapter yesterday. Four months after having my wisdom teeth removed (yes, that could explain a lot) I was still having complications and pain, etc. So, yesterday after exhausting all other options, I got the gas and I got the local and I got cut open, gouged out and then stitched back up. I write this to you this morning on more antibiotics, pain-killers and with a near-Dizzie Gillespie chipmunk cheek.

Such be life...

But "doctor's orders" means I can be on the man-kave couch, watching day baseball, scribbling a little, icing my face more than that and eating squishy food ... again.

And fortunately the "for medicinal purposes only" Scotch last night was pretty much just that: usually I must drink when AJ Burnett pitches and in the 5th it looked like I may actually have to switch to doubles on the lovely Cragganmore, but Girardi had seen enough as well while still in the 6th and then pen and the bats did the job to make it a good, solid W - and one that put the Yankees back in a tie for first. Bosox game starts in about a half an hour and a L there puts the Yanks in sole possession of first. How about the Rays sweeping the Sox in their double-header today and a Pinstriped W and we have a breath of breathing room. That's my plan for the day.

Ok, that's all you get today. Sue me; you get what you pay for.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment