Monday, September 17, 2012

Well, it's the new year - 5772 - and it's time to get this blog and the work on the others back on track. I haven't submitted a piece to BBD for over three weeks and it's high time to change that. I'm hoping that a fall schedule permits me to the time and the brain capacity to keep you (and me) posted on what's going on with the Yankees as they head into the last few weeks of the regular season - scant lead over the O's for 1st place in the AL-East - and into the post-season.

November looks like the perfect month to start doing readings/signings from "A Rose by Any Other Name" -- available here: https://www.createspace.com/3527985 - or there are still a small handful of copies on my shelf, available inscribed for the same $14 including shipping/handling (yes, I will actually handle your copy) - just drop me an email and some sort of form of payment.

I was outside the bookstore in Wisconsin this past weekend that is the exclusive (so far) retail outlet for my book; plans are afoot for a reading/signing there this autumn. But I was too busy watching my first, in-person, demolition derby from high atop a Ferris wheel and then kayaking down the Kickapoo (your foot gets smelly) River to even go inside the store; next visit.

Meanwhile, I am back to work on the pair of novels that are in varying states of completion. Today I ordered the first proof copies of "Live Fast! (Die Out of Town)" and while I am looking forward to seeing what that looks like in print, don't expect its release anytime soon. I still have a lot of miles to drive in the Rose-vehicle before unloosing anything else on the world.

Also, looking to spend some time in the more recently written novel, "Giving In." As of this moment, I don't know which comes out first. LF! could be somewhat more of the same as Rose, but Giving In is more of a departure for me as I still don't know if it makes any sense to any one...

The Yankees took two out of three from the Rays (football NY Giants also beat the team from TB this weekend) maintaining that one game lead over the O's who salvaged yesterday's game from the mighty A's. They have the day off today. Tomorrow night heralds the return of southpaw Andy Pettitte to the Yankee starting rotation finally after recovering from injury. The Yanks can really use his steadying force in the front of the rotation; hopes are high that he has enough time to get back up to 100 pitches and be their #2 or #3 starter when it's time for the post-season.

Weather calls for rain on Tuesday, but the Yanks have to hope that it doesn't get in the way of Pettitte getting in 70 pitches or so. I have tomorrow off so I am looking forward to seeing a complete game played live instead of waiting for late night viewings on archive.

Okay, l'shana tovah and stuff.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment