Saturday, August 4, 2012

Planning and preparing for my 11th consecutive trip out to the Black Rock desert in T-3 weeks and was pretty much blown away by an offer of great generosity; an offer I could not refuse especially as it means for the 5th time I won't have to pitch my own tent. I am not lazy per se (editor: yes, he is) but that part of the camping experience isn't my favorite. What makes this great is that I am flying into/out of Minneapolis and traveling extremely lightly, so that a friend (Cowboy-- you know who you are!) will have already erected my tent and placed the essentials in/around it at "my spot" by the time I arrive is just an amazing gift. Thanks!

I still have about a baker's dozen copies of "A Rose by Any Other Name" available with free shipping for signed copies; I'd like to clear off that shelf by the time I leave for the afore-not-exactly-mentioned TTITD; that said: a few of those remaining copies will be gifts. A copy now sits on the library shelf in Upstate New York-- Andes, NY to be specific.

The tales themselves - at least the non-risque ones - continue to be published in the Jerusalem Post every Wednesday along with original illustrations by my friend Meital; you should really check out her very funny, whimsical, sexy posts on her site: http://heymisterimhungry.tumblr.com/ Do it now...


The real CC Sabathia showed up at the big ballpark in the Bronx last night and shut down the Mariners; all his pitches working. His line for the complete game included three earned runs, but the final two of them came in the 9th after the Yankees had staked him to a 6-1 lead. And while Soriano was ready in the bullpen when it became a save situation, Girardi went to the mound only to give the big lefty a pep talk.

Whatever he said worked as CC got the next three guys out quickly and sealed the win. Game two of the weekend series starts in about half an hour and it's King Felix vs. Kuroda for the Yanks. I'll be tuning in soon...

Thanks,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment