Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I really don't want this to be the place where I bitch about piss-poor service etc. but that looks like where I am. I will be brief - mostly for my own sake - in regard to the newest chapter in the continuing saga that is the repair issues at my E. Hollywood bungalow.
They finally sent "repairmen" on Saturday. It took them five hours to put two bolts in to attach my toilet to the floor. Would they even consider putting in a new toilet - not one that is decades old and covered in rust stains? - nah. I don't think the smoke detectors that they finally put in after a year without any were even new. They don't actually fit the spot from the previous ones and I had to hold burning newspaper under it three times to get it to actually detect smoke.
The workmen spent more time going back & forth from my home to the home depot: you think it's easy to find the absolute cheapest kitchen faucet? I guess not. Adding injury to insult, they apparently used one of my JA Henckels steak knives to scrape the plumbing and broke the tip off it; of course, they deny they did this. And I know it's small potatoes, but they also took a small screwdriver from my kitchen. I "know" it was an accident but it just speaks to the level of incompetence that is KMG and CPS' M.O.
****

If you loved the movie "Go" then you will like "Spin." Obviously, the filmmakers were big fans of that other little fun indie.

Despite some of the 2nd act doldrums when it fell into the typical rock bio picture pratfalls (yes, drugged up rock stars are not always terribly kind to their wives, girfriends, kids and recording studio engineers) "Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n Roll" the Ian Dury & The Blockheads movie is a kickass piece of work and I really recommend that.

****

Pitchers & Catchers report to MLB Spring Training next week. Expect things to change here.

In the meanwhile, I am still tweeting as the ghost of George M. Steinbrenner III @GeorgesGhost. Check it out and follow him...

****

Meanwhile, I have rolled up my sleeves working on the Live Fast! novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment